Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easy Chicken with Parmesan Asparagus

Soooo I decided to be lazy tonight (at least halfway). After kneading a new batch a bread dough, I decided I didn't care to go 'all out' on dinner like I did last night. So when you're on a tight schedule, or feel like having a simple yummy dinner, feast your eyes on this! 



  • 1.5 cups Panko breadcrumbs (or crushed crackers/normal breadcrumbs)
  • 3/4 Shredded parmesan cheese
  • Italian seasoning (I usually use my own mix, but like I said I'm being lazy tonight haha)
  • 1 tbsp Garlic powder 
  • Salt & Pepper 
  • 1-1.5 lbs chicken breast or tenders
  • 1-2 Beaten eggs
  • 1 Bunch of fresh asparagus




  1. Trim the fat off the chicken and cut breasts in half length-wise (you'll end up with 2 'almost' squares)
  2. Toss the chicken in a bowl with the egg
  3. In large ziploc bag mix together all of the dry ingredients
  4. Shake chicken in the bag (no more than 1-2 pieces at a time) and place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment. Continue until all chicken is coated.
  5. Grab handfuls of the leftover seasoned cheese/crumb and press onto the top of chicken
  6. Arrange washed and prepped asparagus onto the pan
  7. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes, turn pan 180 degrees, and cook another 5 minutes until done.






Awesome Tips! 
  • To prevent waste or eating overly chewy pieces, the easiest way to prep asparagus is to pinch and bend the bottom end of the stalk until it snaps. Whatever snaps off is the woody piece, and what's left is the good stuff! It's super fast and easy!
  • Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat. This was it'll be juicy and tender.
  • Try marinating the meat the night before with worcester sauce, water, and citrus! I've been called strange for adding water to my marinades, but it REALLY boots the moisture level of the finished product. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment