Saturday, March 30, 2013

Savory Salmon

This is a new-ish salmon recipe I started making. I formed the recipe from a ton of similar ones, and tested until I found what suited my fancy best! I find myself CRAVING this, and it's also really good for chicken too! I typically serve it with a either sauteed spinach, roasted sweet potato, or green beans.



  • 1/4 tsp Mustard powder
  • 2 tbsp Brown sugar (either dark or light is fine )
  • 1 tbsp Chili powder
  • 1 tsp Cumin
  • 1 tsp each Salt & pepper (I always add more pepper)
  • 2 lbs Salmon 
  • 3 tbsp Olive oil
  • 1/4 cup Soy sauce

  1. Rinse off the salmon and pat dry with a paper towel
  2. Combine the olive oil and soy sauce and brush onto salmon
  3. Combine the spices and rub onto salmon
  4. Repeat for other side
  5. Cover and let marinate for at least 10+ min
  6. Bake on a lined pan at 325 for 15 minutes, rotate pan 180 degrees, and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until finished. 
  7. Let rest for 5 minutes, then enjoy! :)













My Tips:
  1. I get my salmon fresh from a local vendor, and they always leave the skin on (which I hate!) haha. Rule of thumb is if you cook the fish with skin on it comes out moister than without, but I always take it off before cooking to make serving and eating easier. To do so place salmon on a cutting board and using a sharp knife cut in between the skin and fish with the blade angled downwards starting from the tail to the head. If needed here is a video demonstration that may help: Click here!
  2. True for anything really: The longer it marinates and sits, the more flavorful the food becomes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment